html> Lostvestige: Luffas!

Luffas!

I recently discovered this website, about how to grow your own Luffas!  I always thought that Luffas were made from some sort of sea sponge, but apparently they're actually a type of gourd and easy to grow in your garden!  Upon finding this out, I just knew I had to try growing them this year and I am already imaging where I can plant them. I am thinking about putting a little picket fence around my vegetable garden, and I think my Luffa plant will look great growing along it.  

Here are some photos I found online of some luffa plants.

Luffa plant in all its glory!

Luffa gourds

When the plants mature and dry out, you just peel them and the Luffa is inside!

This is how I imagine my Luffa garden will look like.

These Luffa soaps are so pretty!


Well, I didn't think it was possible, but I am now more excited about my vegetable garden then ever!  I really hope it warms up soon so I can start digging.  I can't wait to blog about my growing garden!

Labels: , , ,