html> Lostvestige: Gladiolus Flowers

Gladiolus Flowers

I had heard of Gladiolus flowers before, but I didn't really know anything about them, and I never thought about growing them. But one day early this spring, Steven saw 40 Gladiolus bulbs at Lowe's for 9 dollars. The picture on the bag looked pretty and it sounded like a good deal so we went for it!  We planted the bulbs around the garden and watched as the leaves sprouted up out of the ground over the course of a few months. Finally around the beginning of July, they started to flower!  We were very pleased with how they turned out.


I think the buds look pretty neat before the flowers pop out.





We planted single bulbs in different locations, instead of planting a clump. When they get bigger I think I will divide them up and put all different colors together.

I just love this buttery yellow color.

My favorite was this pink one that had some yellow markings in the middle.


Gladiolus is now one of my favorite flowers!  Hopefully these bulbs will survive the winter, because I can't wait to see them again next year.

Labels: , , , , ,