Tuesday, November 24, 2015

What I Wore- Layering Skills






If I look thicker than normal, it's because I was wearing a lot of clothes.

On this day we were going to a bonfire and it was supposed to get very cold that night. I wanted to be warm, but I didn't want to wear the usual jeans and a sweater I always end up wearing every single day of the winter, so I got creative! I am wearing two pairs of thick, knitted tights with leggings over top. And because the sleeves of this dress are open and flow-y, I was able to stuff a long sleeved shirt and my warmest bulky sweater underneath, then I squeezed it all together with this cardigan. I also wore a scarf and I ended up being quite warm the entire evening, even hot at one point! I am pretty excited about my new layering skills.

How do you dress to keep warm in the winter?

10 comments:

  1. Love the result! I practically do the same thing. Hahaha

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not not not look thick! You look great c:
    And wear layers is what I do too ;) Xx
    Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah this is so cute! i need to work on my layering skills, but as it gets colder, i know that i won''t have much of a problem with that, layering up for warmth of course. also your little shoe/booties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some serious layering skills! I'm a big fan of layers underneath everything so you get to wear something nice on top

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I always do the same - three layers of tights, three layers of tops and sweaters and some cute cardigan on top and there you are, cute and warm :)
    Thanks a lot for your last comment : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah you don't look thicker at all silly girl! But I totally understand that about layering--you tend to lose your shape sometimes, even with those jackets that are belted at the waist and tight sweaters. That's just one of the many woes of winter I suppose. I do love that argyle, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I layer too! I even wear leggings under my pants because well I'm always cold. You look really pretty here by the way!! I really love your boots <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always look so pretty! I like the way you pair leggings & skirts for a darling, comfortable ensemble.
    Xo ♡ mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always look so pretty! I like the way you pair leggings & skirts for a darling, comfortable ensemble.
    Xo ♡ mom

    ReplyDelete