html> Lostvestige: Long Branch Trail

Long Branch Trail


The trail I watched being built all last summer from my office window is nearly complete. 

My blog post Forgotten Corners shows what it looked like when construction first began. What used to be an overgrown meadow over a once busy industrial area, is now a nicely landscaped greenway.




The old Railroad track that ran though this area providing coal to the factories has been preserved. 





On the other side of the path lies the current train track where freight trains travel back and fourth all day.



There was hardly another soul in sight on this new path, since it is not quite finished, and maybe not too many have heard about it yet. But I'm sure it won't be long until it is packed with people. But I prefer how it is now, in it's empty state. 







I'm happy to see this plot of land being put to good use, and that some of the old elements of what it once was got to stick around.



And they kept the cobblestone!

Labels: , , , ,