html> Lostvestige: The Liebster Blog Award

The Liebster Blog Award




Well it turns out that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
What an exciting thing to happen in my first month of blogging!


I have been nominated by one of my new blogger friends Abigail at Sweeter Gets the Journey. Go check out her lovely blog!

What is a Liebster Award? 

The German word "Liebster" roughly translates
to "Dearest." The Liebster Award is given to
bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
whose blogs are deemed worthy of
more recognition. The guidelines
for the award are as follows:

            * Link back to the blog that nominated you.

            * Answer the 11 questions posed by the
                blogger who nominated you. 

            * Reveal 11 facts about yourself. 

            * Pick 11 other deserving blogs that have fewer 
               than 200 followers and notify the authors that 
               they have been nominated for the award. 

            * Submit a list of 11 questions to the bloggers
               you have chosen.


So, without further ado, here are my answers to the questions I have been asked!


1.  Do you or have you ever played any musical instrument.  If so what is it?  If not, what would you like to play?

I don't play any instruments. Fun fact: I have no rhythm whatsoever. I cannot find beats in songs and quite frankly, can't even understand how you find them. My husband who plays the drums, guitar and piano finds this absurd. However, I would love to learn to play the piano if I could!

2.  What makes you laugh out loud?

I laugh pretty easily. Sometimes at nothing at all. Years ago, before school turned me bitter, I would randomly have laughing fits in the middle of class and couldn't control it!

3.  Are you a morning or night person?

I am definitely a morning person. I can barely stay up past 10:00 PM and have never been able to sleep late in the day, even if I do stay up half the night.  I like waking up early because I feel like I can get so much done when I do, and if I sleep in I feel like I am wasting the day.


4. What do you like to do in your free time?

Since I went so many years with hardly any free time because of work and school, I like to fill up my free time with as much activities as possible! I really like gardening.Which is sort of a new hobby for me since last spring was the first spring in my own house. I also like growing bonsai trees, playing with my cats, playing minecraft of skyrim, cleaning!! Going to thrift or antique stores, going shopping anywhere, especially garden stores ;) But probably one of my favorite things to do is just wander around someplace and take photos.

5.  How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as a simple girl who gets excited for just about anything, whether its a trip to Lowes home improvement, (Plants!!) Or a trip to the beach.

6. What would you do with a billion dollars?


I would buy a bunch of land somewhere just outside the city and build a lovely little modern house with giant windows and I would build equally lovely houses for my family. Then I would travel all over the world and finally, I would start a Turkish Angora cat rescue. :)

7. Why did you and what was your inspiration to start blogging?

I've always tried to keep journals, but after a few entries I would give up or forget about it. I have plenty of journals laying around that are barely a quarter of the way filled! I've always loved taking photos and use them to keep track of what I've been up to, but I never really had a good way to present them. Finally I realized that blogging would be a great way to pair those two things together and most importantly, would be fun and keep me inspired to continue it.

8. What is one of your pet peeves?

Clutter! Ahh!

9.  If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

I would love to visit many places! But I suppose if I had to choose one, my first choice would be the UK. I would love to wander around the countryside, check out the pubs and explore the cities. Plus I wouldn't want to travel anyplace where I couldn't speak the language at least a little bit. So an English speaking country would take a lot less preparation then the others I want to visit one day. Haha

10. What is your guilty pleasure?

Nutella. Oh my gosh I cannot control myself around that stuff. I will eat the entire jar. And then lay on the floor and regret my life.

11. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?


I would like question # 6 to come true ;-)


11 Facts about myself:

1) I love nature! I could spend all day outside. Exploring, taking pictures, gardening.

2) I was homeschooled

3) When I was little I used to draw the periodic table of elements for fun.

4) I've always liked weather, and documenting things. When I was little I used to cut out the weather forecast in the paper every week and keep them in a folder to compare them. 

5) I love learning the history of my city. I own many books with old pictures and stories from my city's history.

6) I love astronomy. I've never studied it formally but I love reading books, watching documentaries and staring up at the night sky with my constellation map. 

7) I took a dance class for 7 years, that taught ballet, tap, jazz baton and gymnastics. I love ballet the best and for a while I dreamed of being a professional ballerina. However, I decided that at 17 and had not had near enough training, plus I don't think my body could handle it. I get injured so easily! 

8) One day I hope to be fluent in french. I have been studying it on and off since I was a little girl. Then I would like to learn another language but  haven't decided what that will be yet.

9) I am a vegetarian.

10) I used to hate summer. Everything about it. But in the last few years something changed, and now I look forward to it. Especially right now when it's been freezing for the last three months.

11) I love wearing dresses and skirts. I would wear them every day if I could!

Here are my blog nominations! 

Michelle (My mom!)- How cute is that?

Danielle- Condensed Starstuff

Katie- Alaskan Weredork

Marie- Marie Darling

Alexandra- The Only Girl Living in NY

Gracie- Oh Gracie Pie

Shannon- Leaves and Flours

Caitlin Honey Mansions

Lucy- The Carnabetian Army

Megan- Moonbeamwishes



Here are my questions for the bloggers I've listed:

1) What are your hobbies?

2) What inspired you to start blogging?

3) If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?

4) What is something that always makes you happy?

5) What would you do if you won the lottery?

6) What is something you could eat every day for the rest of your life?

7) Do you prefer living in the city or country (or somewhere in between!) and why?

8) What is your dream vacation?

9) What is your favorite decade or era from the past?

10) What is something you like to collect?

11) What is your favorite time of year?


Thanks again Abigail for nominating me! I hope everyone enjoyed reading my post and I look forward to reading everyone else's.