html> Lostvestige: Cosmo the Hungry Rabbit

Cosmo the Hungry Rabbit

This spring a little rabbit moved in under our back deck.

I named him Cosmo.

I saw him almost every morning, hoping around the yard and munching on all the clover in our grass.




]
But it wasn't long before he discovered the yummy new veggies I had planted in my vegetable garden!

The fence was no match for this tiny guy! And he had quite the appetitie. He ended up eating three bell pepper plants, two hot pepper plants, three eggplant plants and an entire broccoli stalk all within a matter of days! I knew it was time to rabbit proof my fence if I wanted any hope of getting fresh vegetables.

And it worked great! You can check out my post about building it here.


I fed him fresh fruit, oats and water in hopes of being able to pet him, but I could never get close enough.


As he got bigger I saw him less, but he still came back to visit every now and then.



Then the best thing ever happened....
Cosmo had a baby!!!!!!!!

Now they both come visit my yard :)

Labels: , , , , , ,