html> Lostvestige: Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti

Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti

I try not to eat pasta, too many condensed carbs make me sick, plus who wants all those calories? But that doesn't mean I don't ever find myself craving spaghetti..

That's why I am obsessed with our vegetable spiralizer! I can make so many yummy dishes, with no pasta in sight!

 One of my favorites is spaghetti made with zucchini noodles.

All it needs is a few ingredients:

Three Zucchini
Parmesan Cheese
Sauce of your choosing- I used about half the jar
Italian seasoning


Cut the ends off the zucchini and spiralize them. I like to use the large noodle setting.

If you don't have a spiralizer you can use a mandolin or a grater. But definitely recommend a sprializer! They're around 20 bucks on amazon. 


Put a splash of olive oil in the bottom of the pot and cook on medium heat. 
Don't add any water!


Zucchini is made up of quite a bit of water, so while the zucchini is cooking, I like to reduce the sauce to eliminate as much water as possible. In fact, I start simmering the sauce as the very first step. Before I even spiralize the zucchini.

 I prefer my zucchini noodles to be on the firm side, so I don't cook them all the way through. Believe me, it tastes way better when the noodles aren't all soggy!


Once the zucchini noodles are cooked to your liking, (I usually sample a little piece to check) dump them into a colander like you would to normal pasta to drain out any excess liquid. I usually use a large spoon to squeeze out as much as I can.

After draining, return the noodles to the pot and add the sauce, cheese and seasoning. And anything else you like to add to your spaghetti! 


I think it tastes much better than regular spaghetti. And my favorite part is, I can eat as much as I want without going into a major carb coma and gaining 20 pounds!

This recipe makes about four servings. Or two if you're a zucchini fool like me!

Have you ever tried a veggie noodle recipe?

Labels: , , , ,