html> Lostvestige: Skyscrapers of Glass

Skyscrapers of Glass


I traveled to Houston for the first time to visit my Aunt and my Grandma, who both moved there some time ago. I love traveling to new places, and I especially love big cities so I was definitely looking forward to exploring downtown Houston during my visit. I didn't really know anything at all about this city, so I had no idea what to expect when I traveled there.
(Except I recognized the brown pointy Bank of America building from the Sim City game I played years ago!)


I soon came to discover that Houston is a sprawling metropolis made up of gigantic interstates and new buildings being built all the time. Although Houston had a rather large downtown, the city was very spread out and not just centered around the downtown area.  Just about anywhere you drove, you were not far from places to eat or from large shopping centers. There is just so much "stuff" in Houston. It is also the fourth biggest city in the US, which I had no idea of until I traveled there.


We drove around downtown on a Saturday afternoon and I took pictures through the windshield of my Aunt's car as we ventured past all the glass skyscrapers, towering over the street. The city felt very new and shiny. It also felt very quiet. Surprisingly there were not many people walking around, and there were very few cars on the street, which I can only guess was because there are so many interesting things to do throughout the entire city, and not just downtown.







The glass on the buildings reflected the blue sky, and the palm trees scattered around made for a very bright and tropical feeling city. It was definitely different than other cities I had been to. (Also the stoplights are turned the wrong way??!!!)





Visiting Houston and seeing palm trees and big blue skies, made me want to travel father west. I wonder what the next new city I visit will be....

Labels: , , , ,