html> Lostvestige: A Snow in December

A Snow in December


A snow in December is rare around here. Especially in early December, before Christmas. 

When I looked at the weather forecast, and saw it was supposed to snow a week later, I certainly didn't believe it.


But then, on that late Friday morning, as I stared out the window at work, towards the dark grey sky, snowflakes really did begin to fall.

And they kept falling. Nothing stuck at first, we didn't expect it to. But as the day wore on, suddenly everything was covered in the fluffiest snow.

We all got to leave early on that Friday afternoon as the road quickly disappeared under a blanket of white.


And finally, the Christmas lights on our house looked complete. 



Everything looks so much more festive in the snow. I wish it stuck around longer.












The snow day was celebrated by making spicy bean chili. A tradition I started years ago.

I hope there are many more snow days to come this year.

Labels: , , , ,