html> Lostvestige: Weekly Journal

Weekly Journal


It's time to bring back the blogging aspect of my blog!


The house is finally painted, the windows are replaced and the shutters are gone! It's hard to believe the house finally looks like what we have been envisioning for all these years.


The cats did great during the remodel! The boys have a history of freaking out and turning against each other during times like this. But they kept their cool and were even pretty excited about the crates we got for them. They were crated because last time work was done on the house the workers opened the door to the room the cats were in, despite our warnings and the signs on the door that read "DO NOT OPEN, CATS INSIDE, and the cats nearly escaped for good!


We managed to take a break during the construction period and venture out to Asheville to see my favorite band Ghost. I'd never been to a concert before and never had much interest to ever go to one, but I couldn't resist seeing these guys when they came to town. It was quite a spectacle  and as soon as it was over I wanted to see it again! I also randomly got chosen to go up on stage as a character in part of the show but because of a communication issue they had already chosen someone else. Boo!


The day after the concert  was spent exploring new places on the Blue Ridge Parkway. A fun way to spend a Wednesday. 


One of my favorite weeks at work is the Regenerative Medicine Essentials course, where it's a week of lectures, teaching workshops, free breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner.  It also means getting to explore these newly renovated buildings downtown. Listening to the interesting lectures reminds me I'm glad I ended up in this field of work.


And it's always a busy day at work growing cells!

Labels: , , ,